Sunday, May 07, 2006

Our nation's capitol safe from Kennedys

From two New York Times stories on Patrick Kennedy's decision to seek addiction treatment after crashing his car high on pain-killers:

"I simply do not remember getting out of bed, being pulled over by the police, or being cited for three driving infractions. That's not how I want to live my life."

Nor I. When I get out of bed and am pulled over by the police for driving infractions, I want to remember it."

And:

When the police officer turned on his emergency equipment and tried to make a traffic stop the report said, Mr. Kennedy's vehicle "did not respond but continued at a slower speed, finally stopping after colliding head-on with vehicle barriers." Many such barriers have been erected around the Capitol since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Washington may not be safe from terrorists, but at least it's protected from Kennedys.

No comments: